Thursday, December 19, 2013

Deck the Halls with Doctor Who Stuff!

My name is Meghan, and I am a geek. A British television loving, Doctor Who geek specifically. And while I love traditional Christmas stuff, I look forward to the annual Doctor Who Christmas Special that premiers on Christmas day almost as much as every other aspect of Christmas.

The scary part is that I'm not alone in this. Far from it in fact! Of course, my husband enjoys the special as much as me, but our obsession has begun to spread throughout the years....


First to our close friends, and fellow geeks, who often join us for the annual Doctor Who viewing on Christmas. Then to my brother, my sister, unfortunately, just "doesn't get it," in her words. This is the same girl who mocks us for loving Star Wars... I think she was dropped on her head one too many times in her childhood. I mean come on, it's Star Wars!

Doctor Benjamin and his sonic screwdriver
Now our geekness has been passed on to a whole new generation! I am proud to say that my four-year-old son, Ben, loves Doctor Who. Probably as much as his parents! He dressed as the regenerated Doctor (from 10 to 11) last year for Halloween. And this year, he even went so far as to proclaim, during a recent discussion about Santa, that he believes Santa wears a bow tie, like Doctor Who. I love this kid!

I am confident that with proper education, our daughter will be as bad as us when she gets little bigger. Nothing is stopping us from dressing her up as a Dalek in the meantime! What a trooper.

Lilly Dalek










I have decided to help out my fellow Whovians this year, and offer my services in making tasty Doctor Who themed treats for the Special on the 25th. I have decided on 2 limited time options. Tardis shaped cake pops and various decorated sugar cookies. For information on flavors and pricing, contact me via facebook at www.facebook.com/boldcityconfections or email me at Boldcityconfections@yahoo.com. I will update with pictures soon, so keep an eye out.




Until then, Don't Blink!

No comments:

Post a Comment