Friday, August 16, 2013

New in town!

Meghan is my name. Cakes are my game. I live in Jacksonville, Florida, with my husband, 2 kids (Ben, 3yrs old, and Lilly, about 19mo) and our little dog, Chloe. We live in a truely cliche, suburban neighborhood where all the men do yard work on the weekends, the kids ride bikes in the evening twilight and all the wives exchange gossip with eachother. That being said, we totally don't fit the cookie cutter family! My husband is a gearhead, who practically lives with his head under the hood (along with our son). And me? Unlike the rest of the ladies on our street, I am not a stay at home mom, I work a day job *gasp!*, teach cake decorating classes on weeknights (specifically Wilton classes) and run Bold City Confections out of my home. I also somehow find a way to spend time with my family regularly and to keep our home in some assemblance of order. That brings me to Bold City Confections. I created this company for a number of reasons. First, I love to bake! I find it therapeutic. I also love creating edible works of art! I attribute this passion to my mother. Growing up, I watched my mother make cakes for our friends and family. I honestly can't remember one family celebratory event, where a grocery store bakery cake was ever consumed. To this day, I am always amazed when people mention how much they LOVE Publix icing... No offense Publix, I love you, I really do, but I am not a fan of those cakes. And it's not just Publix, Winn-Dixie is the same way. I've never eaten a Wal-mart cake, so I have no opinion on them. They all offer the same simply designed, flash-frozen cakes, smothered in bland 'buttercream'. I do not cut corners. All my delicious cakes are made from scratch, with fresh, high quality ingredients. And because all my cakes are custom designed to each customer for their particular occasion, you can bet money, they will be the most elegantly detailed, best tasting cakes you have ever run across.

No comments:

Post a Comment