Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's a Bird, It's a Plane! No, It's Super Cupcakes!

I would love to say I have always been a little geeky. Which in some cases is true! I got my first pair of glasses in second grade. I was the only one in my class.. let me tell you how much fun that is!

But aside from that, I wasn't into comics, dungeons and dragons or a really heavy reader. I read sure, but I was a girly girl. I constructed elaborate villas in my room for my Barbies. I loved my American Girl doll (Samantha Parkington specifically, if you know who that is!) and I had a fantastic collection of nail polish! I changed my nail polish almost as frequently as I changed my outfits! Much to my poor father's dismay... he was always saying I was going to asphyxiate myself with acetone fumes.

So, when I was contacted to do cupcakes for JD's super hero themed birthday party, I had to Google around. He loved Superman above all else, but also wanted to include a few other popular characters. We settled on Superman, Batman and Spiderman. We started with some yummy chocolate and vanilla cupcakes (didn't want to get too complicated, this is a 4-year-olds birthday after all!) topped with a fluffy, vanilla, swiss meringue buttercream frosting and handmade fondant toppers to represent his super heroes.





No comments:

Post a Comment